Scheduled on select weekends in March and April.
At the discretion of your respective studio teacher, all students in Studio VIII (MUSI4848) must complete a recital by the last day of class in which the student is enrolled in MUSI 4848, in lieu of an end-of semester jury.
If a student is ill or experiences an unexpected event that prevents them from performing on the date of their recital, the recital can be rescheduled. Please speak to the Studio Coordinator for more information.
Graduation recitals must not exceed 75 minutes in length, including 50 – 60 minutes of music, pauses, set-up changes, and intermission. All repertoire selections and the length of recital are to be approved by the studio teacher. The length of the intermission is to be confirmed with the stage manager on the day of the recital- the standard length is 15 minutes. Please be sure to include the intermission in the program.
Graduation recitals for Composition Studio students require that the student present a recital of their own original works. The student is responsible for arranging performers, rehearsals, and all other aspects of mounting the performance. All aspects are factored into the recital grade.
Theatre management will provide one front-of-house manager, one-stage manager, and one recording technician. All graduation recitals are recorded for archival purposes. Recordings will be available within 30 days of the recital.
As the recital replaces an end-of-semester jury and constitutes a significant portion of the final grade, students may not engage a Digital Audio Arts students to perform a live-capture recording of their recital.
There are no fees associated with the completion of Graduation recitals.
Graduation Recital Procedures
Students must adhere to the following procedures when booking and preparing a required Graduation recital:
- Arrange/finalize pianist booking and arrange for all other performers who may join you on the recital.
- Complete the Application for Recital Form with your studio teacher.
- Submit the form to email@example.com by the deadline noted on the form (email or paper copy).
- The Studio Coordinator will create the studio recital schedule and inform the student of their date and time via email. The schedule can also be accessed online via the Recital Calendar. *It is the responsibility of the studio student to confirm the date and time with all performers/pianist(s) listed on the form.
- Complete the Concert/Recital Information sheet (page 2) and email it to the Fine Arts Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Deadlines to submit Application Form and Information Sheet
- Fall recitals – November 1
- Spring recitals – February 1
- Book your dress rehearsals in the online Facility Booking System with your studio teacher. Each student performing a Graduation Recital is entitled to 4 hours of dress rehearsal time. Composition students are entitled to 6 total hours of dress rehearsal time.
- (Optional) Create a recital poster. All posters must be approved by the Studio Coordinator.
- Complete the Recital Program Template and email it email@example.com 2 weeks prior to the recital date. For more information go to Recital Programs & Posters.
- Your studio instructor must proofread the content and approve the program order, before it is submitted (2 weeks before the recital).
- Review Recital Hall Usage guidelines for performance preparation.