New Media students have the option of choosing an internship placement during their final semester. The internship allows you to apply the knowledge learned during your university studies in a variety of fields in New Media. Students have benefited a great deal from their internship semester, and if you are considering an internship, contact the Internship Program Coordinator by the start of your third year.
The New Media Internship objectives include:
- Providing opportunities to apply academic knowledge/skills.
- Introducing students to various employment possibilities.
- Helping develop self-directed job search skills.
- Offering challenging and relevant work experience.
- Assisting in making realistic and informed career choices.
- Providing opportunities to build valuable contacts within the new media industry.
- Assisting in the transition from university to the workplace.