Basic information (1 page maximum)
- Provide the name and contact information for each applicant.
- Identify the artistic contribution of each applicant.
- Indicate your availability for production time slots, with a brief explanation of preferences and conflicts.
Project description – 25% (2 pages maximum)
- Provide a concise description of the project.
- For projects that involve a completed script, describe some of the conceptual elements that you intend to explore (location, period, casting, aesthetic techniques, etc.).
- For projects that involve writing, creating, or using non-traditional elements, describe some of the topics and themes that you intend to explore, as well as the techniques and methods that you expect to utilize.
Artistic merit – 25% (2 pages maximum)
- Describe how this project is distinctive, original, or innovative in terms of form and/or content.
- Indicate the specific challenges the project involves and how you intend to resolve these challenges.
Logistic information – 25% (4 pages maximum)
- Provide a detailed budget that itemizes all expenses and revenues.
- Provide a production schedule that includes information related to design, technical elements, publicity, etc.
- Provide a rehearsal schedule.
- For projects that involve writing, creating, or using non-traditional elements, provide a schedule of the development process.
Experience – 25% (2 pages maximum, per applicant)
- List all courses and previous experiences that directly relate to your creative and/or production positions for the project (ie, a student submitting a proposal to direct a play should list her/his previous directing courses and experiences).
- Describe how these courses and experiences support your ability to execute the project.
Other required items
- For projects that involve a completed script, submit a copy.
- For projects that involve writing or creating, submit any preliminary drafts or source materials that exist.
- Submit a copy of your completed proposal to a Drama faculty member and ask for an endorsement of your project. If the faculty member agrees, they must send an email to the TheatreXtra Artistic Producers with the following message, “I have read the completed TheatreXtra proposal from [insert students name(s), and I support its consideration for production.”
- Successful project applicants must submit a complete and accurate financial report detailing expenses and reporting all in-kind donations within 10 days of closing.
- All expenses must be in accordance with the original budget (or any revised budget approved by the Artistic Producers), and must be accompanied by receipts or they will not be reimbursed.
Approved by the Department of Drama April 27, 2015 for implementation April 27, 2015