**For the Fall/2020 semester, please consult with your instructor and/or pianist to determine the safest way to share scores.**
You should plan to purchase original scores and to provide the originals to your pianist.
Should you decide to make photocopies, consult your pianist in advance as to their preferences. Inform yourself of the rules of copyright with regards to your studies at the University of Lethbridge.
The following are generally accepted guidelines:
- Music should be clearly legible and complete. Music scores are often over-sized. If you have a score that is larger than 8.5 x 11, you will need to ensure that the music is reduced in size to a minimum of 93%. The university’s photocopiers have an option to reduce a document automatically by this amount
- Music should be double-sided. (one exception- see number 4)
- Music should be copied exactly as it appears in the score. Page numbers appearing in the outer corners, not the inner corners. (one exception see number 4) This may result in the first and/or last pages being a single-sided copy.
- Music that is only 2 pages in length should not be double sided.
- Copies should be hole-punched before giving it to your pianist. Music that is only 2 pages in length should be hole-punched with the printed sides facing in.
If you do not know how to set printing or copying preferences, please ask your instructor.