The members of the Nominations Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
- Recommends to Council for approval slates of members for standing committees and other committees requiring representation from Council.
- The Committee shall ensure the best possible match and broadest possible diversity for all committees were possible.
- The Committee shall recommend term lengths of less or more than two –years to provide an overlap of experience if appropriate.
- The Committee shall hold their meetings in-camera (no discussion of particular candidates will appear in the minutes) to enable an open review of nominations.
- The Committee shall follow the election procedures designated in (GFC Bylaws Part 3. B. 2 b.) and shall inform Council on the development of any additional process.
- Ensures the replenishment of Council and other committees requiring Council representation.
- Annually review powers and duties and report their findings to the Executive Committee.