Members of the GFC Student Awards Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
- Recommend to Council policy for the acceptance of student awards.
- Recommend to Council policy for the administration of student awards.
- In accordance with policy approved by Council, select the recipients of student awards.
- Serve as awards committee for each Faculty/School Council, including reporting to the Faculty/School Council on matters within the jurisdiction of the Faculty/School Council as it relates to student awards.
- Annually review powers and duties and report their findings to the Executive Committee.