The members of the Convocation Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
- Plan, facilitate and operate University Convocations.
- In consultation with the Board of Governors, the Senate, the Alumni Association, Graduate Students’ Association and the Students’ Union, provide for the installation of the President.
- Recommend to Council approval of any Convocation policies or procedures, and the Committee shall monitor compliance of such policies and procedures.
- Approve any information pertaining to graduation as contained within the University Calendar, and provide this to the Curriculum Coordinating Committee.
- Annually review powers and duties and report their findings to the Executive Committee.