The members of the Convocation Ceremony Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
In recognition that Convocation is an institutional celebration consisting of various components, stakeholders, communications and events:
- Provide oversight on the planning, and strategic operation of University Convocation Ceremonies.
- In consultation with the Board of Governors, the Senate, the Alumni Association, Graduate Students’ Association and the Students’ Union, provide oversight for the installation of the President and Chancellor.
- Recommend to Council approval of any Convocation policies or procedures, and the Committee shall monitor compliance of such policies and procedures.
- Approve any information pertaining to graduation as contained within the University Calendar, and provide this to the Curriculum Coordinating Committee.
- Annually review powers and duties and report their findings to the Executive Committee.