The members of the Academic Appeals & Discipline Committee are governed by the following powers and duties (GFC Bylaws, Part 3,B,4.b.):
- To hear appeals regarding final grades in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- To hear, investigate, and decide on complaints about student's academic misconduct in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures.
- To hear appeals to Council in accordance with other applicable policies and procedures.
- Recommend to Council through the Curriculum Coordinating Committee changes to policy and procedures pertaining to student academic conduct and appeals.
- Annually review powers and duties and report their findings to the Executive Committee.