1. The student will be summoned for a meeting with Housing Services to discuss the facts and circumstances of the infraction(s).
2. If the student is found responsible for the infraction they will be notified in writing of the sanction(s) filed against them.
3. At this time the student has five (5) business days to file a formal appeal in writing to Housing Services.
a. If the sanction levied against the student is termination of the Single Student Housing License Agreement, then the 24-hour notice to vacate the Housing Space still stands.
b. In the event of termination of the Single Student Housing License Agreement, the student must provide Housing Services with a written intention to appeal prior to the 24-hour move-out deadline.
4. The appeal based on the grounds outlined below will be reviewed and an investigation will ensue if required.
5. Upon request, the Appellant will have the opportunity to present his or her case to the Housing Services Disciplinary Appeals Board.
a. The Board will consist of:
i. The Director of Housing Services
ii. (1) One other University of Lethbridge Administrative Professional Officer (APO)
iii. (1) One Elected Member of the Organization of Residence Students Executive
6. The Associate Director of Housing Services, the Appellant, and a representative of their choosing will have the right to be heard by the Housing Services Disciplinary Appeals Board
7. The Housing Services Disciplinary Appeals Board will make a final decision and notify the Appellant in writing of the Board’s findings.
a. In the event that the appeal is successful and the sanction is overturned, then the student will be granted reinstatement to the University Residence. Housing Services is not responsible for any costs incurred during the appeal process.
b. In the event that the appeal is denied, then the sanctions including the termination of the Single Student Housing License Agreement will stand.