Current Residents

Yes!  Residents are allowed to have overnight guests.  Note: Roommate approval signatures and RA signature MUST be filled in before approval will be granted.  

Guests are permitted to visit on a two-consecutive day stopover, with a maximum of four nights a month.

Host must register intent to have short-term guest with a signed Guest Registry Form from your RA or the Housing Office.

Long-term stays (three days or more) are not permitted without the direct approval of the Vice President or President of ORS and the Housing Director.

See Overnight Guest Restrictions

Yes! Students who have been assigned to alcohol permitted rooms are allowed to store and consume in moderation.

MINORS and and students that are assigned to an alcohol free area of residence, cannot store or consume in their rooms.

Please see the Community Handbook.

The University of Lethbridge has a “no pet policy” which must be followed. Please abide by this policy as it is for the health and safety of the entire community. You are allowed however, to have fish. Single students can have up to a five-gallon fish tank.


Students who live in on-campus housing are expected to clean their own rooms and apartments.

In University Hall, housing staff clean hallway bathrooms and common spaces; however, residents are responsible for maintaining clean personal space.

  • Monthly room inspections ensure that students are cleaning their personal spaces and maintaining sanitary living conditions.
  • Students who live in suites and apartments are responsible for sharing the cleaning responsibilities among the residents of their unit.
  • At the start of the semester, roommates are required to collectively fill out a roommate contract where they discuss and agree on how they will handle cleaning responsibilities. (e.g., build a cleaning schedule, assign duties, etc.). Once signed, this is a binding agreement that will be referenced should any issues arise.

See Housekeeping

Please see our Thermostats page for detailed answers.

Contact the ITS Solutions Centre for help with this service at:

Request a service here:

Log into myfunds using your university username and password to see your Base & Flex dollar account balance.

See Dining Plan Balance

Students wishing to cancel their occupancy in residence are to notify the Housing Services before the last working day of the previous month to make the notice effective for the last day of the month (or the end of the term).

A Notice of Cancellation Form must be completed at Housing Services (C420 - University Hall) to effect the notice period. Notice provided after the first of the month shall not be effective until the end of the following month (or term end).

Students withdrawing from the university mid-semester are required to provide notice as soon as they are aware that they are withdrawing. Documentation from the Registrar's Office will be required confirming the withdrawal. Withdrawing students are to follow the normal move-out procedures.

A cancellation fee is assessed for breaking the contract.

The charge applies in all instances, whether the student cancels their residency or the Housing Office initiates the cancellation.

For Cancellation Charges See Single Student Cancellation

For information about your On-Campus Housing address, please see Post Office.

MAIL & PARCELS are delivered to campus Shipping and Receiving and processed by this department the following business day.  Please allow up to 24 hours for us to receive your parcels.  Each resident will receive an email to their uleth account once we receive their parcels.  We ask that you pick up your parcels within 48 hours.

When receiving PERISHABLE MEAL DELIVERY KITS we will store your meal kit for a maximum of 24 hours, due to limited refrigeration space. You can call or email the Housing Office to arrange for someone else to pick it up on your behalf.


Phone: 403-329-2584

On-Campus Housing has specific lock-out procedures.  Please contact Housing (403) 329-2584 if you require assistance during office hours.

Review the following links for information.

See Single Student  Resident "Lock Out" Procedures

Please advise the Housing Office (C420) of any lost keys as soon as you are aware they have gone missing.

See Housing Safety for lost keys.

Please do not attempt to make your own repairs to walls, etc. This may result in an additional cost to you.

Work Orders must be placed electronically by logging onto the housing portal (the same way you apply for housing) and then clicking on the Maintenance Tab and following the prompts.

Create a Maintenance Work Order

Go to TH218 - Turcotte Hall to the Information Technology Solutions Centre (help desk) to get a new one. New cards cost $10 payable to the ITS department. Once you have a new card your lost card will be de-activated and the new one will have your Dining Plan and Bridge Bucks already loaded on it and ready for you to use.  

See Bridge Bucks Information

If you are having roommate problems the line of action is as follows:

1. Consult your roommate's contract
2. See your RA and ask for mediation
3. If the issue cannot be resolved, then the RA will advise the Campus Life Housing Coordinator who will assist with the resolution

See our Roommate Page for tips and tricks on how to resolve roommate issues.

Room changes are not permitted during the first two or last four weeks of the term. Following the first two weeks of a term, you may request for a room change.

See Room Change Request Form

See Contact

After a room offer has been offered to a student, they are now eligible for the Online Check-In.  This system is essentially a seamless process, with parents and students not having to concern themselves with the number of departments involved, or who provide services when arriving at the University on the first day.

A limited number of parking passes are available for sale on the Online Check-In Site on a first come first serve basis. To get your preferred parking pass, please log on as early as possible after the system opens to reserve your parking pass.

Note: All remaining parking passes will be sold through Facilities: Mobility Services: Permits.

If you park on-campus without a parking permit, you will be ticketed by Security Services.  

Questions or concerns regarding parking, may be addressed to Parking Services at (403) 329-2640.

See Campus Parking Map

For up-to-date information please call Housing Services at (403) 329-2584.

View Offer of Accommodation Timelines;

New University Students

Continuing | Transfer | Mature Students

This includes information regarding early bird and lottery draws.