Future Residents

Housing applications open on September 15 for the following academic year. You should apply for on-campus housing once you have applied to the University and have received your student ID number. You do not need to wait for an offer of admission. On-campus Housing is not guaranteed to all students, so the earlier you apply, the greater your chances of being successful. Here are some important deadlines to keep in mind:

  • January 15 - New High School Students - Early Bird Draw Deadline
  • April 1 - New Student to ULethbridge - Lottery Draw Deadline

Housing options for recent high school graduates (or those who graduated from high school the previous year). Students who apply by the dates above will be entered into the lottery draw for 70% of the rooms available to recent high school graduates. The remaining 30% of rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis according to the student’s application date combined with the suitability of the rooms available. Students can submit a housing application online at ulethbridge.ca/housing

Housing options for all other student groups: ULethbridge has 520 beds available in on-campus housing to students following their first year. Rooms in Mount Blakiston House Apartments, Siksika & Tsuu T'ina House Townhomes, and Campus Village Townhomes are available to students who are in their second year or later of post-secondary studies, transfer, mature or graduate students are eligible to apply for a space in these buildings.

Spots in on-campus housing are not guaranteed for any student. For recent high school graduates, the first 70% of rooms are offered out through the lottery provided they have applied before April 1. The remaining 30% of the rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis according to the student’s application date combined with suitability of the rooms available. The earlier a student applies, the more opportunities they have to receive a room offer.

No, you do not need an offer of admission before applying to on-campus housing. Once you have been assigned a student ID number, you can submit an application for on-campus housing. It's advised to apply early to increase your chances to be offered a spot on campus. Housing applications open on September 15th for the next academic year. To apply, visit ulethbridge.ca/housing

No, to apply for a room in residence, you need to fill out a separate application. Once a student has applied to the University and received a student ID number, they can fill out the Housing application found online at ulethbridge.ca/housing

We have a number of spaces in on-campus housing for first-year students. There are dormitory-style rooms located in University Hall and apartment-style in Kainai and Piikani House. In University Hall, there are six different dormitory styles ranging from shared dorms to single dorms and suites. In Kainai and Piikani Houses, there are 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments. Learn more about the different styles of first-year rooms.

There are three buildings allocated for first-year students. University Hall has dormitory-style rooms. Kainai and Piikani Houses are apartment buildings with 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments. When you fill out your Housing application, you can rank rooms in order of preference based on the areas you wish to live. However, your preference is not guaranteed depending on the availability of your preferred location. Learn more about residence building styles.

Yes! Absolutely. ULethbridge has Housing options for students after their first year of University. Rooms in Mount Blakiston Apartment Building, Siksika & Tsuu T'ina Single Student townhomes, and Residence Village Townhomes are available. Students in the second year of studies or later are eligible to apply for a space in these buildings.

Click here to learn more about Continuing | Transfer | Mature Student Homes | Graduate Housing

Room offers for recent high school graduates usually start being sent in early March to your ULethbridge email account, so be sure to check uLeth email. Students have approximately three weeks to accept their offer. Log in to Outlook to access your email account.

See Housing Services’ Offer of Accommodation Timeline – Here

If you choose to live on-campus during your first year and are located in a room in University Hall, Piikani House, or Kainai House, the dining plan is mandatory. Students are able to use their dining plan at a number of locations all across campus, including Urban Market, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Subway, Booster Juice, and more. Recent high school graduates may not opt out of the dining plan. On-campus housing for all other student groups (mature, transfer, continuing, graduate, etc.) dining plan is not mandatory. Learn more about the dining plan.

On your Housing application, there is a spot where you can request living with a specific person. To be considered, you both:

  • Must be eligible to live in the same residence buildings and rooms
  • Request one another
  • Fill out the lifestyle portion of the housing application with the same criteria

Students who wish to live together can be placed together as roommates if they meet the criteria above; however, roommate requests are not guaranteed. For more information about requesting roommates, contact Housing Services at housing@uleth.ca.

If you and your friend are both offered rooms in residence in the same building and style, then you may be eligible to be roommates. While housing will try to accommodate roommate requests where possible, they are not guaranteed. We understand that starting university may be scary but living in residence is a great opportunity to meet new people. You never know, your roommate may become your future best friend!

To qualify for on-campus housing you must be a full-time student. Priority is given to students who live outside the 100 km radius of Lethbridge city limits. For information about off-campus housing, check out Off-Campus Housing

Buildings in on-campus housing are all-gender; however, first-year dormitories and suites are not. Roommates are same-gender. In the case of hallway double rooms and hallway single rooms where bathrooms are shared between eight or nine people on the same floor, each floor has a mix of all-gender and gender-specific bathrooms. All common spaces are all-gender.

Alcohol is permitted in designated locations within each facility for students who are 18 years or older. Students 18 and over may keep and consume alcohol in their rooms only if they live in an area designated for that activity. We also have alcohol-free suites — students can request this on their housing application. Alcohol cannot be consumed in the hallways or in any common spaces not designated as licensed social spaces.

Yes! On-campus housing has Wifi. In fact, Wifi is available across campus. In addition, each on-campus room has an Ethernet cable in their room if they prefer a wired connection.

No, furniture is included. While different buildings in residence may vary in the types of furniture provided, every student will have the furniture that they need for the school year. However, students will need to bring their own bedding. Photos and a listing of what’s provided in each room are available on the Housing Services website.

Depending on which building you live in, certain appliances and electronics may be permitted while not in others. Major appliances are available to students living in all areas. You can find a list of what to bring and what not to bring on the Housing Services website. Small kitchen appliances and mini-fridges are not permitted in the University Hall housing In certain cases, mini-fridges may be permitted for medical reasons, but you will need to contact housing@uleth.ca for further clarification.

On the housing application, students will fill out a lifestyle survey to help Housing Services pair students who will be the best fit. However, sometimes people don't get along. There are a number of resources in place and available for students who are having difficulties with their roommates.

  1. Roommate contracts are in place that roommates fill out together to facilitate discussion and decisions about things like cleaning responsibilities, sharing of food, and house etiquette.
  2. Residence assistants are trained in conflict resolution and available for students who need guidance or mediation in resolving a roommate conflict.
  3. In the event that an issue cannot be resolved, the residence assistant will advise the assistant for further steps in coming to a resolution.

Students are encouraged to take steps to resolve a conflict prior to submitting a room change request form. Learn more about roommates.

Students who live in on-campus housing are expected to clean their own rooms and apartments. In University Hall, housing staff clean hallway bathrooms and common spaces; however, residents are responsible for maintaining clean personal space. Students who live in suites and apartments are responsible for sharing the cleaning responsibilities among the residents of their unit. Monthly room inspections ensure that students are cleaning their personal spaces and maintaining sanitary living conditions. At the start of the semester, roommates are required to collectively fill out a roommate contract where they discuss and agree on how they will handle cleaning responsibilities. (e.g., build a cleaning schedule, assign duties, etc.). Once signed, this is a binding agreement that will be referenced should any issues arise.

Students who live in on-campus housing may have one visitor stay for up to two consecutive nights if they receive approval from their roommates (if applicable) and their Residence Assistant prior to the visit. Students will need to submit a guest registry form to Housing Services for approval prior to their guests' arrival on campus. 

No guests are allowed during the first two weeks of any given semester and once 22-hour quiet hours have started.

Learn more about guests visiting in on-campus housing.

Yes, there certain times when excessive noise is not permitted in rooms, hallways and common spaces. Regular semester quiet hours are Sunday to Thursday from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., and Friday and Saturday from midnight to 7 a.m. During exams, quiet hours are in place 22 hours per day.

All residents (including International Students) staying in the University of Lethbridge residences are required to have insurance coverage for the duration of the license agreement. 

Starting in September 2019, all residents will automatically be enrolled in a tenant insurance program through the University of Lethbridge. Students will be able to participate in this coverage through the Online Check-In System. 

See Tenant Insurance Requirement

The University of Lethbridge has a “no pet policy” which must be followed. Please abide by this policy as it is for the health and safety of the entire community. However, you are allowed to have fish. Single students can have up to a five-gallon fish tank.

Candles and incense are not allowed in Campus Housing. The danger of open flames contributes toward potential fire and can cause damage to furniture and flooring coverings.

Personal fridges and small appliances are not permitted in University Hall dorm rooms, as the increased power requirement may overload our electrical system. Please be aware if these items are seen in UHall they will be confiscated by housing staff.

If you have a medical condition requiring immediate access to a refrigerator, please contact Housing Services asap at housing@uleth.ca 

For those students living in University Hall, Piikani House, or Kainai House the beds are a standard size twin bed; not extra long. For other buildings please see What to Bring.

If you receive an error message when trying to access the payment page at the end of your housing application or please try a different web browser (ex. Firefox or Safari).

If the issue persists please contact Housing Services directly for assistance here

Please visit Housing Services' social media pages linked here for up-to-date information on upcoming on-campus housing happenings.

You can also reach out to Housing Services directly here.

Current Residents

Controlling my thermostat in Mt Blakiston House!

Mount Blakiston Thrermostat

Review the instruction sheet to control the heat in your Mt Blakiston House apartment

Single students who have accepted an Offer of Accommodation and do not move-in after paying confirmation funds are required to pay a minimum of $1000 cancellation fee.

See Single Student Cancellation

Log into myfunds using your university username and password to see your Base & Flex dollar account balance.

See Dining Plan Balance

Students wishing to cancel their occupancy in residence are to notify the Housing Services before the last working day of the previous month to make the notice effective for the last day of the month (or the end of the term).

A Notice of Cancellation Form must be completed at Housing Services (C420 - University Hall) to effect the notice period. Notice provided after the first of the month shall not be effective until the end of the following month (or term end).

Students withdrawing from the university mid-semester are required to provide notice as soon as they are aware that they are withdrawing. Documentation from Registrar's Office will be required confirming the withdrawal. Withdrawing students are to follow the normal move out procedures.

Cancellation fee of $400.00 is assessed for breaking the contract.

Charge applies in all instances, whether the student cancels his or her residency or the Housing Office initiates the cancellation.


See Single Student Cancellation

Residence has specific lock out procedures.  Please contact Housing (403) 329-2584 if you require assistance during office hours.

Review the following links for information.

See Single Student  Resident "Lock Out" Procedures

Please advise the Housing Office (C420) of any lost keys as soon as you are aware they have gone missing.

See Service Charges for lost keys.


For information about your residence address, please see Post Office.

Please do not attempt to make your own repairs to walls, etc. This may result in an additional cost to you.

Work Orders must be placed electronically by logging onto the housing portal (the same way you apply for housing) and then clicking on the Maintenance Tab and following the prompts.

Create a Maintenance Work Order HERE

Report lost keys immediately. As soon as you are aware your keys or FOB have gone missing, report the loss immediately to the Housing Office.

If lost keys go unreported, the right to a safe and secure environment may be jeopardized.

Unreported lost keys will be considered non-returned keys, and therefore all charges associated with non-returned keys will apply.

See Service Charges for lost keys.

If you are having roommate problems the line of action is as follows:

1. Consult your roommate contract
2. See your RA and ask for mediation
3. If the issue cannot be resolved, then the RA will advise the Res Life Coordinator who will assist with the resolution

Explore all the possibilities before you move. It may be a simple problem that can be solved with some outside help. One tip, don't let problems go too long before you deal with them. If the issue cannot be resolved at all, then a room change may be requested through Housing Services. A Room Change Request form must be completed at Housing Services and a $50.00 processing fee applies.

Room changes are not permitted during the first two or last four weeks of the term. Following the first two weeks of a term, you may request for a room change.

See Room Change Request Form

See Contact

Parcels are delivered to campus Shipping & Receiving and processed by this department the following business day.  Please allow up to 24 hours for us to receive your parcels.  Each resident will receive an email to their uleth account once we receive their parcels.  We ask that you pick up your parcels within 48 hours.

See Post Office

Yes!  Residents are allowed to have overnight guests.  Note: Roommate approval signatures and RA signature MUST be filled in before approval will be granted.  

Guests are permitted to visit on a two consecutive day stopover, with a maximum of four nights a month. Host must register intent to have short-term guest with a signed Guest Registry Form from your RA or the Housing Office. Long-term stays (three days or more) are not permitted without the direct approval of the Vice President or President of ORS and the Housing Director.

See Overnight Guest Restrictions

The University of Lethbridge has a “no pet policy” which must be followed. Please abide by this policy as it is for the health and safety of the entire community. You are allowed however, to have fish. Single students can have up to a five-gallon fish tank.


You have the following Options:

1- You can purchase Bridge Bucks ONLINE, in Kiosks throughout campus or at the Cash Office in Anderson Hall. Bridge Bucks do not expire at the end of the academic year and will move forward with you throughout your time on campus.

See U of L Student ID Cars as Debit

See Bridge Bucks

2- You also have the option to add money to your dining plan if you so choose.  Remaining dining plan funds (flex dollars portion) will carry forward to Bridge Bucks and will be accessible to you throughout your time on campus.

See Residence Dining Plan

Go to TH218 - Turcotte Hall to the Information Technology Solutions Centre (help desk) to get a new one. New cards cost $10 payable to the ITS department. Once you have a new card your lost card will be de-activated and the new one will have your Residence Dining Plan and Bridge Bucks already loaded on it and ready for you to use.  

See Bridge Bucks Information

Yes! Students who have been assigned to alcohol permitted rooms are allowed to store and consume in moderation.

MINORS and and students that are assigned to an alcohol free area of residence, cannot store or consume in their rooms.

Please see the Residence Community Handbook.

Housing Services has very limited refrigeration space to store your perishable meal delivery kits. We will store your meal kit for a maximum of 24 hours. You can call or email the Housing Office to arrange for someone else to pick it up on your behalf.

Email: housing@uleth.ca

Phone: 403-329-2584

For up-to-date information please call Housing Services at (403) 329-2584.

View Offer of Accommodation Timelines;

New University Students

Continuing | Transfer | Mature Students

This includes information regarding early bird and lottery draws.

After a room offer has been offered to a student, they are now eligible for the Online Check-In.  This system is essentially a seamless process, with parents and students not having to concern themselves with the number of departments involved, or who provide services when arriving at the University on the first day.

A limited number of parking passes are available for sale on the Online Check-In Site on a first come first serve basis. To get your preferred parking pass, please log on as early as possible after the system opens to reserve your parking pass.

Note: All remaining parking passes will be sold through Facilities: Mobility Services: Permits.

If you park on-campus without a parking permit, you will be ticketed by Security Services.  

Questions or concerns regarding parking, may be addressed to Parking Services at (403) 329-2640.

See Campus Parking Map

To get your mirror or anything else fixed in your room, you need to submit an online work order.

Work Orders must be placed electronically by logging onto the housing portal (the same way you apply for housing) and then clicking on the Maintenance Tab and following the prompts.

Create a Maintenance Work Order HERE