Future Residents

On your Housing application, there is a spot where you can request living with a specific person. To be considered, you both:

  • Must be eligible to live in the same buildings and rooms
  • Mutually request one another
  • Fill out the lifestyle portion of the housing application with the same criteria

Students who wish to live together can be placed together as roommates if they meet the criteria above; however, roommate requests are not guaranteed.

For more information about requesting roommates, contact Housing Services at housing@uleth.ca.

If you choose to live on-campus during your first year and are located in a room in University Hall, Piikani House, or Kainai House, the dining plan is mandatory.

  • Students can use their dining plan at a number of locations all across campus, including Urban Market, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Subway, Booster Juice, and more.
  • Recent high school graduates may not opt out of the dining plan.
  • Students living in Mt. Blakiston House, Siksika House, Tsuu T'ina House or the Village have the choice to purchase an optional Dining Plan

Priority is given to students who live outside the 100 km radius of Lethbridge city limits.

For information about off-campus housing, check out Off-Campus Housing

Buildings in on-campus housing are all-gender; however, first-year dormitories and suites are not.

Roommates are same-gender.

In the case of hallway double rooms and hallway single rooms where bathrooms are shared between eight or nine people on the same floor, each floor has a mix of all-gender and gender-specific bathrooms.

All common spaces are all-gender.

Applications open on September 15th of every year. 

Once you have been in contact with the Student Enrolment and Registrar Services and applied for full-time admission you can now apply for housing, even if you have NOT yet been officially admitted to the University.

You will need your 9-digit U of L student ID number to complete our online application.

Note: A room offer ("Offer of Accommodation") cannot be sent until a student officially ACCEPTS their Offer of Admission to the university.

All units are fully furnished and vary from building to building. You can find a full list of Furniture Inventory.

Depending on which building you live in, certain appliances and electronics may be permitted while not in others.

You can find a list of What to Bring and What Not to Bring 

Small kitchen appliances and mini-fridges are not permitted in the University Hall housing.

  • In certain cases, mini-fridges may be permitted for medical reasons, but you will need to contact housing@uleth.ca for further clarification.