Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Committee
- Reviewing the organization and procedures of Graduate Council and its committees and reporting with appropriate recommendations for improved effectiveness on matters of a conceptual, structural, or strategic nature.
- Setting the agenda for meetings of Graduate Council, ensuring that materials are sufficiently developed to afford fruitful debate at Council.
- Acting on behalf of Graduate Council for matters requiring immediate action or when a quorum of Graduate Council is not reached. All actions taken on behalf of Graduate Council will be reported at the next regular meeting of Graduate Council.
- Acting on behalf of the Graduate Council on any other matter for which Graduate Council authorizes it by passing an appropriate resolution.
- Approving recipients for graduate program Medals of Merit and the Governor General’s Gold Medal.
- Hearing any academic appeals as specified by the University of Lethbridge Graduate Studies Calendar and Course Catalogue.
Quorum: Seven members of the Executive Committee.
Meeting: A meeting shall be held any time on the call of the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.