It is important for students to be aware of the costs you should expect as a graduate student. There are a variety of costs to consider, including tuition, fees, living expenses, and transportation.
Detailed information regarding tuition and fees for all graduate programs are available for review in the Fees section of the Graduate Calendar.
All newly admitted and readmitted graduate and postgraduate students are required to pay a non-refundable deposit as per the Graduate Calendar. This deposit must be paid at the Cash Office, either in person, by mail, telephone banking, or online banking. After deposits have been paid, registration privileges will ensue. The tuition deposit is applied to tuition fees incurred by the student.
Graduate students are expected to pay tuition each semester. The deadlines for full fees, including all miscellaneous and incidental fees to be paid are available in the Academic Schedule.
Students in most programs pay full fees at the outset of the program and pay continuation fees later on. Detailed information about these fees can be reviewed in the Fees section of the Graduate Calendar.
Students should also expect to pay Processing Fees such as an Application for Admission Fee, Audit Fee, Graduation Fee, Late Fee, and Registration Fee (Open Studies students only).
There may be additional charges that instructors will normally be able to estimate for a particular course at the start of the semester.
Fees may also inlcude:
- Non-Credit Fees such as the Writing for University Course (WFU).
- Service/Product Fees such as an ID Card Fee, Account History, Parking Fee, Residence Fee, Dining Plan Fee, Health Centre Health Insurance fee.
Fee payments may be made using any of the following options:
- Customers of the institutions outlined in the Fees section of the Graduate Calendar can make payments on their University of Lethbridge student account using their bank’s telephone payment or online system.
- By mail or courier to:
University of Lethbridge Cash Office
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4
Note: Payments sent by mail or courier must be received prior to applicable deadlines to ensure late penalties and interest charges are not assessed.
- Placing your payment in the 24-hour deposit vault located at the east end of the counter in front of the Cash Office. Please ensure your name and University of Lethbridge ID number are included with your payment when using the 24-hour deposit.
- At any branch of the Bank of Montreal by presenting a ‘First Bank Bill Payment Service’ form.
- In person at the Cash Office (AH144) during regular office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Payments can be made by cheque, Interac Direct Payment banking cards. The Cash Office does not accept credit cards.