From the list of students graduating in the Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 Convocation:
- Each Graduate Program Committee will recommend to the Medal Committee (Graduate Council Executive) the recipient of that program’s Medal of Merit;
- The Medal Committee will make the final selection for any Medal of Merit where there are nominations from multiple Graduate Program Committees;
- The Medal Committee will select the recipient of the Governor General’s Gold Medal from the pool of successful Medal of Merit recipients.
Medal recipients are selected using the Confidential Appraisal Form along with a letters of reference that highlights the student's various strengths and accomplishments, provided by each of the Supervisor(s), the Supervisory Committee Members, and/or other Faculty Members, and the External Examiner (each reference letter requires the form). It is asked that Supervisors provide an up to date CV, student's current contact information and a 3-4 summary statement. All documents are to be submitted electronically using the Docusign links below; upon completion, your submission will be sent to the appropriate email.
The respective Graduate Program Office will pull the following information from the system to complete the application:
- CV -if an updated one is not provided by the supervisor;
- Transcripts ;
- Thesis Abstract ;
- Thesis/research or project report.