Academic Advising

Academic advisors are typically available for walk-in or scheduled appointment (see Academic Advising). You may consult with an academic advisor regarding academic regulations, course selection and program planning.

You should see an academic advisor after you have done your own research using the Academic Calendar, your PPG and the uLethbridge website.

You are not required to obtain an academic advisor’s signature before you register. You are responsible for your own registration. However, you may wish to consult an academic advisor for the following situations:

  • To register in an applied study, independent study, undergraduate thesis course, exchange and visiting student placeholder, or technical studies semester placeholder
  • To register in a course closed to web registration
  • To change your program of study, and, in some cases, to change your major


Was this content helpful? Send us your feedback.