Where to Begin

In the Where to Begin section, you will learn everything you need to know before registering

Who Should Use This Resource

If you will be registering in courses and belong to one of the following groups this resource is for you.

  • Undergraduate Students:
    • new students
    • continuing students
    • open studies students
    • visiting and exchange students
  • Graduate Students

Other Students

Nursing Students: First-and Second-year Bachelor of Nursing and First-year Bachelor of Nursing (After Degree)
Although you are considered a uLethbridge student during the first portion of your program, Lethbridge College will provide course registration information during this time.

Audit Students
If you intend to audit an undergraduate course you must complete and submit an Audit Registration form to the SEARS office. For audit student registration dates check the Important Dates and Deadlines. For more information see the Registration section of the uLethbridge Undergraduate Academic Calendar.

University of Lethbridge Students Studying Elsewhere
If you are a uLethbridge student planning to study elsewhere you must obtain written approval from your advising office prior to beginning your studies. You will be registered in a placeholder course during your approved absence from uLethbridge. This will allow you to retain your continuing student registration privileges. Remember to register during your assigned registration period for the fall or winter term following your approved absence.

If you would like to extend your approved absence, you must obtain prior approval from the appropriate academic advising office on the Lethbridge campus or the Calgary campus. Otherwise, you will forfeit your registration privileges and you will need to reapply for admission.

Social Work Students (University of Calgary)
Although you are taking courses on the uLethbridge Lethbridge campus you are a University of Calgary student. The University of Calgary will provide course registration information and assistance. For more information, please contact the Faculty of Social Work (Lethbridge Division) at 403-329-2794.


Was this content helpful? Send us your feedback.