December 1st* (there is no internal deadline)
*If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications must be submitted by the following business day before 8:00 p.m. (ET).
- $17,500 for one year
- CIHR: 2 award
- SSHRC: 6 awards
- NSERC 4 awards
- See Graduate Scholarships - Master's Program for details
- Canadian or Permanent Resident
- full time graduate program with a significant research component
- no more than 12 months in program as of Dec. 31st
- acheived first class average (GPA of 3.5) in each of the last two years completed
- Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency (NSERC vs SSHRC vs CIHR)
- Be sure to obtain your official transcripts even if there are no grades in your current term.
Here is mycred instructions on how to download transcripts as pdf. https://youtu.be/4SGBDGlCoIk
NSERC is hosting the following question and answer sessions for the CGS M program:
Playlist - Scholarships & Fellowships program application tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6ox0GB7vXYlhaAY7mEqwmMqYK9TGCp1E
For more information, please visit Graduate Scholarhsip -Master's website.
- Selection process for CGS master’s students
- Under this model, students will submit applications to the CGS program via the NSERC/SSHRC/CIHR Research Portal. The agencies will make the proposals available to up to three of the institution(s) to which the applicant intends to apply for admission for his or her master’s studies (incoming model).
- The selection process will move from a two-stage process to a one-stage process. The institution(s) receiving the CGS applications will manage the selection process and award the CGS scholarships (the agencies will no longer conduct centralized, national selection processes for the master’s program).