Courses completed at another post‐secondary institution but that are not listed in the University of Lethbridge Transfer Equivalency Database have not been previously assessed for transfer credit by the University of Lethbridge. In order to have courses assessed for transfer credit, official course syllabi must be submitted.
Please submit detailed course outlines for each course that is to be evaluated as soon as application for admission is made to the University of Lethbridge. Course syllabi should be emailed to Student Enrolment and Registrar Services (SEARS) (firstname.lastname@example.org). Ensure that the student’s full name and University of Lethbridge ID number are included in the email with the submission of the materials. Do not include this information on the course materials. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the materials are received in a timely manner. The average processing time of transfer credit assessments varies according to the time of year they are received. Processing will normally take four to six weeks.
The following information should be provided on an official course outline or syllabus:
- Course code and number (if applicable)
- Title of course
- Credit value/hours
- Method of evaluation (components for calculating grade)
- Course pre-requisites and/or co-requisites
- Learning outcomes or description of course content
- Schedule of topics
- Lab, practicum, or clinical, if applicable
NOTE: Courses are assessed on the basis of information provided. The absence of any of these pieces of information may affect the transfer credit assessment. It is the student’s responsibility to provide complete information.
If outlines are written in a language other than English, a certified translation must be provided. The following are not accepted:
- Student translations of outlines
- Transfer credit assessments from other institutions
- Hard copy documents
- Handwritten documents or documents that have been copy/pasted together, or altered in any way