Award Quick Look
Deadline: No Deadline
Student Status: Full Time
- Permanent Resident
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Master of Arts
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Music
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Science
- School of Graduate Studies
This funding has been suspended for new students applying for admission in 2021-2022. All eligible applications for admission in 2021-22, will be considered for the University of Lethbridge Graduate Research Award. Please visit the ULGRA website for eligibility.
These scholarships are offered to students who have outstanding academic records, show research promise and aptitude in their field.
- Academic achievement. Minimum entrance GPA of 3.7
- Program-relevant assessment of candidate's demonstrated aptitude, research skill, material and/or performance-related productions and activities may also be considered
- Completed no more than 24 months or 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
- Graduate students admitted prior to 2021 to a full-time thesis-based MA,MSc, MN, MFA, MMus or PhD program*
*students in the Math & Computer Science and Neuroscience Departments are not considered for this award but rather the U of L Graduate Research Award.
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program if their application was recieved prior to 2021.
- Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this award in the review process of individuals' application for admission
- Must maintain satisfactory progress and standing in the graduate program
NOTE: This award may not be held concurrently with other awards, scholarships, or fellowships valued at or over $10,000. In the event a student is offered multiple awards valued at $10,000 and greater, the student is encouraged to accept the non-Dean's Scholarship. The SGS will provide a $3,000 supplement to the additional award(s). Students cannot hold this award concurrently as ULGRA funding.