Established to help alleviate financial need and to encourage post-secondary achievement on the part of Métis students studying at the UofL
NOTE: this award receives final approval of recepients from the Rupertsland Organisation and therefore results are delayed until late fall/early spring term. Payments is a single installment for February 1st.
- Full time continuing graduate student (Masters and PhD)
- Canadian citizen
- Métis heritage
- Cannot be receiving funding from Rupertsland Institute-Metis Training Employment Services
- Financial need
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 and satisfactory performance
- Apply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal.
- A completed application requires specific award questions as well as portions of the Graduate Application:
- Research/project Title
- Project or Research Proposal/Intent
- Please be aware, you must provide proof of Métis ancestry by submitting one of the following:
- photocopy of a valid Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) citizenship card (which can be obtained by applying to the MNA) or a valid Métis citizenship card in any of the following governing members of the Métis National Council: Métis Nation of Ontario, Manitoba Métis Federation, Métis Nation – Saskatchewan, Métis Nation British Columbia; or
- photocopy of parent’s, grandparent’s or sibling’s valid citizenship card in any of the above named Métis organizations (along with proof of this kinship connection); or
- other valid proof of Métis genealogy linking to the Métis Homeland (as validated by either MNA/RLI);