Established in 2004 by the artist Joe Plaskett, The Plaskett Award provides $30,000 to help fund an emerging Canadian painter who will live, create artwork or travel in Europe for one year (a required minimum of nine months). Starting in 2015, a second award called The Nancy Petry Award is offered, which provides $10,000 to the runner-up to create artwork and travel in Europe for three months.
- a Canadian citizen;
- a visual artist in the field of painting;
- an MFA student in one of the following situations:
- who has been accepted into an MFA program;
- who is currently in an MFA program;
- who has graduated from an MFA program within the last 12 months.
- willing to live, travel, and create artwork in Europe (including UK) for a minimum of six months (Plaskett Award) or two months (Petry Award).
$30,000 for 1 year in Europe
$10,000 for 3 months in Europe
Internal Deadline:March 29
Agency Deadline: April 4
Further information and the application can be found on the Plasket website.