Award Quick Look
Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2023
Student Status: Full Time
- Permanent Resident
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Science
- School of Graduate Studies
The competition is open to any full-time graduate student at a recognized University in Canada whose research will assist in providing solutions to problems specifically encountered in marine cold regions (such as in the Arctic, subarctic, Antarctic, Polar, subpolar, or other cold ocean/sea environments). Qualifying marine cold regions research should be in any of the following areas:
- Transportation and operations, such as design, routing, safety and risk assessment, construction, or military.
- Development of offshore resources.
- Interaction of shipping and/or natural resource operations with ecosystems.
- Impacts of climate change.
- Developments in safety, Search and Rescue (SAR), environmental protection and pollution mitigation.
- Special areas of research in marine cold regions.
Further information including submission instructions are found on the website.