Our Graduate Grant is a matched salary-stipend award for graduate students conducting NeuroCAM studies at partnering universities. Students selected for funding will be awarded a $22,000 salary for the September-August academic year. The student's academic supervisor will contribute 40% of the salary value. This grant is a one-year duration, with the possibility of a second-year renewal pending approval from the Scientific Review Panel in a non-competitive review process.
- $22,000 for one year
- March 29, 2024 at midnight MST
- Research must be in the area of NeuroCAM
- Applicants are required to identify a supervisor/mentor from an accredited university for the project who will guide and review the student's activities
- Applicants can be Canadian or international student working on their project at one of the following universities:
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Northern BC
- University of Toronto
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Victoria
- MacEwan University
- Mt Royal University
- Applicants must be registered in a graduate program. If the applicant is not already in a graduate program, funding is contingent on their acceptance to the specific lab and program
- PhD students applying for this grant must be pre-candidacy at the time of application
- The supervisor contribution can be supplied by broader departmental funding or directly from supervisor
- If the research work requires either human or animal ethics clearance, evidence of that clearance must be sent to Branch Out before studentship funds will be released
- Applicants must supply copies of unofficial transcripts and have one academic reference from their supervisor submitted by the grant application deadline with an optional second reference. The project supervisor must be one of the references.
- If the student holds multiple awards, the combined funds for personal salary between Branch Out and other awards cannot exceed $40,000. If the personal salary for the applicant exceeds $40,000, Branch Out will adjust funding such that the student will receive a combined total of $40,000 from all sources
Information regarding applications, references, and other information can be found here.