Alberta Food Processors Association (AFPA) has received funding from the Alberta Government to support Work Integrated Learning placements in the food and beverage industry for up to 90 students per year for the next 3 years.
Food Futures provides wage subsidies of 50% (maximum subsidy $5,000) to employers to hire current post-secondary students for temporary work experience placements. Placements can be in any area relevant to the industry, including: nutrition and food science, agriculture, technologists, accounting and finance, human resources, IT, logistics, safety, engineering, business, etc.
Participating Employers must:
● be an Alberta-based company.
● be in the food and beverage, or related, industry.
● have no unsatisfied employment standards judgments against them.
Placement Eligibility - Work Placements:
● Must be at least 3 weeks in duration.
● Must have their primary place of work in Alberta.
● Must pay at least minimum wage.
● The position must provide a meaningful work experience related to the student’s program of study.
● Placements must be approved before the student begins work.
Student Eligibility - Student Candidates must:
● Be a current student of an Alberta post-secondary institution.
● Be legally able to work in Canada.
Book an appointment with a Co-op Coordinator at the Career Bridge to see if you may qualify for the Food Futures Program.
Are you an employer that may benefit from this funding support?