The Applied Studies program allows students to earn course credit for learning gained through paid or volunteer employment related to their field of study. The student is required to work a minimum of 120 hours (10 hours per week) over the course of a 12-week semester. All Disciplinary Credit Applied Studies courses are completed in conjunction with the Applied Studies Coordinator, a faculty supervisor and a workplace supervisor.
Your Role as a Workplace Supervisor
You will facilitate this experiential learning process by:
- Discussing the job (paid or volunteer) description and learning objectives with the student
- Indicating your willingness to support an Applied Studies course by signing the Placement Supervisor Approval Form. Students receive this form as part of their application package
- Providing the student with ongoing feedback
- Meeting with the Applied Studies Coordinator and student during an on-site monitor visit
- Completing a final performance evaluation at the end of the work placement
Get in Touch
If you have any questions concerning the procedures or requirements of the Applied Studies Program, please feel free to contact the Coordinator at email@example.com or 403-329-5192.