All items must be thoroughly decontaminated prior to being brought into the facility. Items that are oversized (larger than 14” x 14”), contain delicate pieces, contain materials that corrode in Virkon©, are difficult to decontaminate manually with Virkon© or cannot be sterilized can be processed within the Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) chamber.
Booking your equipment
- Email email@example.com to request your equipment to be processed on a scheduled decontamination date (see the schedule below for available dates). To prevent delays, please include with your request:
- A picture of the item(s) to be processed
- For oversized items, approximate dimensions of the item(s)
- Animal Care Services will contact the requestor prior to the scheduled decontamination date to confirm time and location of equipment drop off (usually the day prior).
- Prior the drop off, please ensure:
- All absorbable material (cloth, paper, Styrofoam, etc.) is removed from the equipment. Any absorbable material will absorb the H2O2 in the chamber, lower the concentration of H2O2 and may interfere with appropriate decontamination.
- All organic debris (dust or dirt) is removed from the equipment. The H2O2 will not appropriately decontaminate the equipment under the organic debris.
- Once the equipment is processed, Animal Care Services will email to notify the requestor that the item(s) are ready to be move to their final destination within the vivarium (usually the next day).
H2O2 chamber decontamination schedule
Below are the dates that the H2O2 chamber is scheduled to run. Drop off of equipment will be required no later than 9am on the indicated dates below. Pick up of equipment can be expected by the end of the same working day.
Note: Occasionally, to respond to an urgent need supported by a strong justification, an H2O2 decontamination cycle may be completed on an unscheduled date.