The animal husbandry fees assists in recovering a portion of the direct operating costs of animal husbandry. Animal husbandry includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Daily care and maintenance of animals
- Providing regular enrichment supplies
- Changing and cleaning cages/tanks
- Maintaining a suitable environment
- Basic record keeping
- Census and colony management
- Sanitizing animal rooms
- Supplies (feed, bedding, disinfectants, enrichment, etc)
- Equipment maintenance, repair and replacement
Animal Husbandry Fees are calculated monthly and billed to the relevant researcher quarterly.
Additional cost recovery fees apply for consumable supplies or special housing related to experimental needs. Contact Animal Care Services for details.
Animal Husbandry Fees
Effective as of July 1, 2020
Fees are calculated monthly and billed to the relevant researcher quarterly.
$0.17/mouse/day + additional recovery fees for cage supplies.
$0.37/rat/day + additional recovery fees for cage supplies.
Static & Recirculating tanks