Strategic Research Plan 2020-23
The University of Lethbridge will continue to grow international research prominence in diverse fields of scholarly inquiry, creative pursuit, and innovation. We will provide solutions and knowledge to foster sustainable prosperity and we will offer experiential learning opportunities to mold our students and postdoctoral fellows to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Read the full Strategic Research Plan
Our vision of a comprehensive university is of a strong, independent knowledge institution that seeks to understand the human and natural world and the universe beyond, with an aim to bringing knowledge and wisdom to bear on sustaining and improving our quality of life, our society, and the natural environment.
The University of Lethbridge is committed to:
- Providing the knowledge and innovation base to support the province’s ability to meet the needs of its citizens, diversify its economy, and respond to the challenges and opportunities associated with Alberta’s demographic and environmental landscapes.
- Providing our students at all levels with the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research and creative activity to produce highly skilled graduates who will drive innovation across sectors.
- Strengthening Indigenous research capacity by building relationships with Indigenous Peoples from Canada, North America and the world.
- Supporting and expanding the breadth of scholarship that distinguishes our vibrant research and creative community.
- Supporting core facilities, centres and institutes.
- Fostering transdisciplinary collaboration, resource sharing, and integration of knowledge.
- Being a leader in the preparation and development of our undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral fellows who will contribute to a knowledge-driven future.
This vision, when coupled with the student-centered academic directions outlined in the Academic Plan, will establish our institutional benchmarks for our future as a comprehensive university.