WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – Multidisciplinary
Intake:Fall & Spring
By combing new media production with studies of technology, art, culture, and industry, you'll develop the creative, critical and technical skills necessary to evolve with emerging technologies in a variety of professional practices.
Have the flexibility and independence to develop your own degree program and focus on your interests in art, drama and music.
Concentrate on one area of fine arts (Art, Drama, Music), while taking a selection of courses in the other two. Complement your studies by adding combinations of courses from inside and outside the Faculty of Fine Arts.
Gain professional art gallery experience through exhibition and curatorial opportunities in the University of Lethbridge Art Gallery, the Student Art Gallery, Penny Gallery, and in the broader Lethbridge arts community.
Participate in a dynamic season of theatre activities, including Mainstage productions supervised by professors, the student-run TheatreXtra series, and an array of practical workshops, play readings, public forums, and special events.
Expand your experiences and gain new perspectives beyond the art gallery and classroom. Focus on areas such as exhibition organization and installation, collections management, and public programming.
You have full access to co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies as well as volunteer opportunities. uLethbridge is the only university in Alberta to offer co-operative education to all majors in the university, at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Learn more about the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Degree Length
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
Studio Application & Audition required to take Music studio courses.
- Metal shop with foundry
- Individual studios for senior students
- Modern woodshop, ceramic, plaster and textile studios
- Bronze and aluminum foundry
- Digital fabrication and Data Physicalization lab includes CNC router and 3D printer
- Printmaking studios with Boss Laser Engraver
- Digital media studio with 3D and large format printer
- University Theatre – 450-seat proscenium theatre
- David Spinks Theatre – multi-configurable black box
- Performance lab, rehearsal studios, greenroom, and dressing rooms
- Scenic, lighting, and costume design studios
- Scene shop with industrial, power, and hand tools
- University Recital Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics
- 24/7 access to individual practice studios and 2 large ensemble rehearsal rooms
- Studio One –world-class recording studio
- Studio Two – post-production studio
Find out more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art Studio)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art History/Museum Studies)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts (Performance)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts (Technical/Design)
Bachelor of Music
Bachelor of Arts (Art)
Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts)
Bachelor of Arts (Music)
- Student Testimonials
“I encourage new students to try their best, persevere, and have the courage to pursue their dreams. In Blackfoot we would say - Ikakimaat ki Mokakit! And enjoy the experience.” - Marjie Crop Eared Wolf
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Find monetary support as a student in the Faculty of Fine Arts – both as a future student and continuing.
- Community Arts Centre Director
- Dramatic Arts Therapist
- Arts Administrator
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or Ph.D. level.
Find more information about careers opportunities.