WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – Multidisciplinary
Intake:Fall & Spring
Have the flexibility and independence to develop your own degree program from all the areas of the fine arts.
All areas of the fine arts are available for students in the multidisciplinary major to choose their concentrations. You can now choose a first concentration from one area of fine arts (art, drama, music or new media), while choosing a second and third concentration from the other three. This can also include areas within the departments (Indigenous art, digital audio arts, technical design etc.). This new opportunity allows students the freedom to customize their education around technical, practical and academic focuses.
Complement your studies further by adding combinations of courses from inside and outside the Faculty of Fine Arts with your liberal education requirements.
Gain professional art gallery experience, participate in a dynamic season of theatre activities, (including Mainstage productions supervised by professors), be a part of music ensembles or music studio courses, have access to our state-of-the-art Sound Recording Studio or expand your experiences and gain new perspectives beyond the classroom with internships.
You have full access to co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies as well as volunteer opportunities.
Learn more about the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Degree Length
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
Studio Application & Audition required to take Music studio courses.
- Metal shop with foundry
- Individual studios for senior students
- Modern woodshop, ceramic, plaster and textile studios
- Bronze and aluminum foundry
- Digital fabrication and Data Physicalization lab includes CNC router and 3D printer
- Printmaking studios with Boss Laser Engraver
- Digital media studio with 3D and large format printer
- University Theatre – 450-seat proscenium theatre
- David Spinks Theatre – multi-configurable black box
- Performance lab, rehearsal studios, greenroom, and dressing rooms
- Scenic, lighting, and costume design studios
- Scene shop with industrial, power, and hand tools
- University Recital Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics
- 24/7 access to individual practice studios and 2 large ensemble rehearsal rooms
- Studio One –world-class recording studio
- Studio Two – post-production studio
Find out more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art Studio)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art History/Museum Studies)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts (Performance)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts (Technical/Design)
Bachelor of Music
Bachelor of Arts (Art)
Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts)
Bachelor of Arts (Music)
- Student Testimonials
“I encourage new students to try their best, persevere, and have the courage to pursue their dreams. In Blackfoot we would say - Ikakimaat ki Mokakit! And enjoy the experience.” - Marjie Crop Eared Wolf
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Find monetary support as a student in the Faculty of Fine Arts – both as a future student and continuing.
- Community Arts Centre Director
- Dramatic Arts Therapist
- Arts Administrator
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or PhD levels
Find more information about careers opportunities.