WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
High School Student Awards
Do you like free money?
You can find it at uLethbridge through a wide range of scholarships and awards. Many of these awards are given out based on your grades (from the last five years), but other criteria like leadership, community involvement, or artistic ability may also be considered.
While not all awards require you to apply, researching which awards you may qualify for and filling out an application is strongly recommended. A few minutes of your time can really pay off in a big way. Keep in mind that any uLethbridge awards you receive will be dependent on your decision to attend the University of Lethbridge.
Board of Governors' Scholarship | Deadline: December 15
Amount: up to $1000
How to Apply: Submit a completed application for admission before the deadline. Fall admission only.
You must have a University of Lethbridge ID number and an account on our student Information system called the Bridge before you can access the online scholarship application forms. This means you should apply for admission at least two weeks before the scholarship deadline in order to have your application processed and your Bridge account created. If you have questions regarding your ID number or the Bridge, please contact us.
Are there any other scholarships I can apply for?
Many agencies, employers and organizations offer awards for post-secondary students. These awards are external to the University, and they can be combined with any scholarships and awards you receive from uLethbridge.
Some of them are based on academic merit, but many of them will be based on other criteria such as financial need, volunteer work, community involvement, leadership experience, etc. Finding these awards involves some work on your part, but it can really pay off in the end.
Places you can look:
- Your provincial government
- if you maintained honours standing in high school
- Your employer or union (or your parents' employer or union)
- example: Safeway Inc., Imperial Oil Ltd., Fording Coal Ltd., UFCW, Lafarge Canada Ltd. etc.
- Clubs or associations that you or your parents belong to
- example: 4-H, Cadets, Royal Arch Masons, Kinsmen, United Farmers of Alberta etc.
- Various businesses, organizations, and interest groups who are promoting an award
- example: Toyota Earth Day Scholarship