Out of Province High School Students need to provide their transcripts by September 15
- Five Grade 11 courses will be used to determine the award average.
- This will follow the same formula as general admission (English 20-1, three academics and a fifth distinct course)
For Alberta Residents
- Students attending high school in Alberta DO NOT have to supply transcripts
For Out of Province Students
- Students attending high school outside of Alberta must supply their transcript with final Grade 11 grades to Scholarships and Student Finance by SEPTEMBER 15 the same year following their completion of Grade 11.
- We accept transcripts in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Scholarships & Student Finance (AH115), 4401 University Drive Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1K 3M4
- If you have any questions please call 403.329.2585 or email: email@example.com
Conditions of the award
- Students with a 75% average and above are encouraged to apply
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- Successful applicants will be notified by EMAIL in late October
- Awards are tenable only at the University of Lethbridge and only for the specified year
- According to Canadian tax regulations, students must have a Social Insurance Number in order to receive an award. Awards maybe considered taxable income and the appropriate T4A will be issued for funds disbursed in each calendar year as required by Canada Revenue Agency. If you do not currently have a SIN number, this can be left blank, however it must be provided to the University before this award can be disbursed
- For a complete description of the policies guiding the Student Awards Program please refer to the Awards and Scholarships section of the University of Lethbridge Calendar
I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- I certify that the information on this application is complete and true in all respects
- I authorize Scholarships and Student Finance of the University of Lethbridge to access transcripts of my academic record from Alberta Education (Alberta student only)
- I authorize Scholarships and Student Finance to provide feedback via email
- I authorize Scholarships and Student Finance of the University of Lethbridge to obtain other relevant educational information from my high school
- If granted or offered an award, I authorize Scholarships and Student Finance of the University of Lethbridge to release my name and program information to the donor of the award, my high school, other University units, and to the news media
Electronic Signature Authorization
By clicking on the "Submit" button, I have applied my electronic signature to this application form. I agree that my electronic signature is the legally binding equivalent of my handwritten signature on paper. I will not, at any future time, claim that my electronic signature is not legally binding or enforceable. By electronically signing and submitting this application, I: (1) acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the conditions of the awards;(2) have given my various authorization as indicated on the form; (3) certify to the accuracy and completeness of my information; and (4) agree to be bound by the terms of this application and the policies pertaining to awards and scholarships at the University of Lethbridge.
The personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Post-secondary Learning Act (Alberta) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Alberta). The information collected will be used to administer the University`s Grade 11 Merit Awards. For successful applicants, the information collected will also be used to promote this program and shared with the donors and other University units. Questions on the collection, use or disclosure of this information must be directed to the University of Lethbridge FOIP Coordinator, 4401 University Drive W, Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4, 403-332-4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.