Many agencies, employers and organizations offer awards for post-secondary students. These awards are external to the University, and they can be combined with any scholarships and awards you receive from uLethbridge.
Some of them are based on academic merit, but many of them will be based on other criteria such as financial need, volunteer work, community involvement, leadership experience, etc. Finding these awards involves some work on your part, but it can really pay off in the end.
For a complete list of external awards, visit our Scholarships and Ftudent Finance page.
Places you can look
- Your provincial government
- If you maintained honours standing in high school
- Your employer or union (or your parents' employer or union)
- Example: Safeway Inc., Imperial Oil Ltd., Fording Coal Ltd., UFCW, Lafarge Canada Ltd., etc.
- Clubs or associations that you or your parents belong to
- Example: 4-H, Cadets, Royal Arch Masons, Kinsmen, United Farmers of Alberta, etc.
- Various businesses, organizations, and interest groups who are promoting an award
- Example: Toyota Earth Day Scholarship