Award Quick Look
Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2023
Student Status: Full Time
- Permanent Resident
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Science
- School of Graduate Studies
Asthma Canada is the only national, volunteer-driven charity, solely devoted to enhancing the quality of life for people living with asthma and respiratory allergies. For more than 45 years, Asthma Canada has proudly served as the national voice for Canadians living with asthma. We empower patients with evidence-based information, education programs and support asthma research in Canada. Our vision at Asthma Canada is a future without asthma.
To create value-added opportunities for the training, education and professional development of graduate students, to ensure continued understanding of causes, mechanisms, improvement of asthma treatments and progress towards finding a cure for asthma.
- Four (4) awards for PhD students valued at $30,000 each.
- Three (3) awards for MSc students valued at $15,000 each.
In line with the grant's objective, eligible applications will then be ranked based on the following weighted assessment criteria:
- Academic excellence (50%)
- Research Potential (30%)
- Personal characteristics and interpersonal skills (20%)
- Research ability and potential (50%)
- Relevant experience and achievements obtained within and beyond academia (50%)
The award process and competition will be open to MSc and PhD students doing research work in asthma. To be eligible:
- Research projects must contribute to an improved understanding of the causes, mechanisms and/or treatment, management or cure of early-onset asthma (18 years or younger) or late-onset asthma (over 18 years).
- Applicants must be full-time graduate students pursuing a Msc or PhD in Canada by the time the grant is awarded.
- The award must be held at a Canadian university or research institute defined as an eligible institution by CIHR.
For full application details click here