Welcome to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at the University of Lethbridge!
Why a degree in chemistry or biochemistry? Chemistry is a major for the broad-minded individual who is interested in integrating both qualitative and quantitative aspects of knowledge. Knowledge of chemistry is required for all fields of scientific endeavor: engineering, physics, biology and medicine. At the same time, chemistry makes use of the tools of math and physics. A thorough grounding in math is an essential requirement for success in chemical studies.
Chemistry and biochemistry are exciting areas of science to study. There are many areas within each discipline to focus on. Chemistry and biochemistry professors at the University of Lethbridge do research in:
- Computational and Theoretical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
As an undergraduate you will experience advantages such as:
- Small class sizes
- Personalized interaction with professors
- State of the art instrumentation in research labs
- You can work in a research lab
- on an Independent Study (IS)
- do an Applied Study
- as a research assistant
- or even full-time as a Co-op student.
Majors we offer:
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc/BEd Chemistry
- BSc/BMgt Chemistry
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Biochemistry
- PhD in numerous disciplines
As a new or returning student to our institution we want to help you find the information you're looking for, so we've provided a list of useful links below to get you started on your way.
You can also visit the Current Students page for FAQ’s and other information.
However, should you find that you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (403) 329-2301 or complete our on-line inquiry .
- Chemistry Program Information
- Program Planning Guide
- School of Graduate Studies
- Admissions Information
- Academic Advising Information
- Careers in Chemistry & Biochemistry
High School students - here is a list of University courses and the High School courses that are recommended background or prerequisties for them.
Students are advised to complete recommended background courses before registering in the universty-level course. Students must have successfully completed prerequisites before they may register in the university-level course.
- Housing Costs or Cost of Living examples
- Entertainment and sports opportunities in Lethbridge and area; check out the Leisure Guide at the City of Lethbridge web page