Protein Industries Canada is looking for ambitious, consortium-driven projects to elevate Canada’s plant-based food ecosystem. Protein Industries Canada is currently seeking proposals in four specific areas under its Capacity Building Program. The $4 million specific call is for projects in the following areas:
- Skills, Talent and Access to Labour;
- Access to Capital; and
- Global Brand
Cumulatively these projects will help create a competitive business environment to support growth of Canadian companies and position Canada as a global leader in plant-based foods, while also supporting Canada’s economic recovery.
- Be timely and action oriented, with deliverables to drive the sector forward. Projects must be completed by March 2023;
- Be ambitious in meeting the challenge. Consortiums should consider transformational ideas, of a scope large enough to make a difference;
- Deliver clear benefits to SMEs and include Indigenous and other underrepresented populations;
- Be collaborative in nature, including stakeholders from different parts of the agrifood sector: private companies of all sizes, academia and not-for-profits;
- Demonstrate the involvement and support of the sector; and
- Meet the requirements and eligibility of the Capacity Building Program guide
The first step in applying is submitting a short Expression of Interest.