The NSERC Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) Program supports the training of teams of highly qualified students and postdoctoral fellows from Canada and abroad through the development of innovative training programs that:
- encourage collaborative and integrative approaches, address significant scientific challenges associated with Canada’s research priorities; and
- facilitate the transition of new researchers from trainees to productive employees in the Canadian workforce.
These innovative programs must foster the acquisition and development of important professional skills among students and postdoctoral fellows that complement their qualifications and technical skills and improve their job readiness for careers in industry, government, non-governmental organizations, and/or academia.
- Regular Stream
- International (collaboration with the German Research Foundation, the Deutsche Forschunsgemeinschaft (DFG))
- Industrial Stream (up to 50% of CREATE grants will be dedicated to the industrial stream)
- Note: at the Letter of Intent stage, Industrial Stream applicants must have confirmation from the Industrial Partner via email or letter indicating they are willing to host internships and participate in the Program Committee (PC). For full details, see the NSERC CREATE website.
Duration: Up to six years
Value: Up to $150,000 in the first year and up to $300,000 for up to five subsequent years, for a maximum of $1.65M over six years.
The CREATE competition is held on an annual basis. Universities are provided with a quota for the number of CREATE LOIs they can submit to NSERC. The CREATE quota for the University of Lethbridge this year is 2. Quantum and International applications are not included in the quota.
University of Lethbridge researchers interested in applying to the 2023 NSERC CREATE competition must submit an Expression of Interest as part of the internal selection process. The deadline for Expressions of Interest is March 06, 2023.
For full details on how to apply for a CREATE grant and the internal selection process, please see the attached PDF or contact Sola Fasunwon in the Office of Research and Innovation Services (email@example.com; x2101)