The aim of this RFP is to further develop and validate established biomarkers for which there is a clear clinical need in Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. This RFP prioritizes biomarkers with a defined context of use, a clear advantage over other relevant biomarkers, and a path to commercialization and/or clinical use.
Specifically, this RFP focuses on:
- Developing novel PET ligands for clinical trials
- Supporting novel CSF biomarkers
- Validating innovative MRI approaches in larger cohorts
- Developing novel measures of functional activity such as EEG
Peripheral biofluids and digital/ocular approaches are supported through the Diagnostics Accelerator RFP.
Novel biomarkers of neuroinflammation, synaptic integrity, autophagy and TDP-43 are high priority. Other target areas of interest include:
- Neuronal loss
- Vascular injury and blood-brain barrier integrity
- Mitochondria and metabolic function
- Protein misfolding
- Oxidative stress
- White matter changes
- Lewy body dementia
- Other novel targets supported by compelling biological rationale and connection to disease
Funding is open to researchers and clinicians worldwide at:
- Academic medical centers and universities or nonprofits. Industry partnerships are encouraged.
- Biotechnology companies. Existing companies and new startups are both eligible.
- NOTE: Funding is provided through mission-related investments that require return on investment based upon scientific and/or business milestones (see Our Research Strategy for more information).
Letter of Intent:
February 4, 2022
May 20, 2022
September 30, 2022
April 8, 2022
July 22, 2022
December 2, 2022