The purpose of this funding call is to offer timely, relevant and scientifically rigorous evidence to emergency medicine decision-makers and knowledge-users in Alberta. In addition to achieving the goal of Building Research capacity, this funding opportunity also serves to engage and collaborate with the network of academic researchers established by the ESCN Scientific Office. Further, this funding call supports the AHS Strategy for Clinical Health Research Innovation and Analytics which endorses partnerships with academic researchers at Alberta universities.
When considering proposals for systematic literature reviews from applicants, the review process will consider the following criteria:
- The review team must be comprised of more than one individual and include a medical librarian;
- The review team must be comprised of at least one member with an MD or a PhD in a discipline relevant to emergency medicine (i.e., content knowledge);
- Past experience in conducting research relevant to emergency medicine;
- Past experience in conducting systematic or scoping literature reviews is essential.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) may only hold one ESCN Systematic or Scoping Review award at a time; however, PIs may be co-investigators on multiple applications. PIs who received an ESCN systematic review grant in the previous year may not be funded as PIs this year, however they may be CoInvestigators.
How to Apply
- Systematic or Scoping review proposals will be limited to a maximum of 6 pages using the provided template.
- References and the Principal Investigator Bio Sketch are not included in the 6 page limit.
- Appendices of up to 2 pages are allowed.
- The Principal Investigator must submit a Bio Sketch using the templates provided (no other Bio Sketches will be reviewed).
- Complete budget details and justification must be included.
Email a PDF copy of the completed, signed application to Patrick McLane, PhD Assistant Scientific Director Emergency Strategic Clinical Network at email@example.com. In the subject line, write “Principal Investigator Name 2022 ESCN SR Grant Application.”