The Critical Care Strategic Clinical Network Summer Studentship Award (CC SCN-SSA) is designed to foster research interest in critical care medicine and related disciplines among students at the undergraduate level of study. It is the CC SCN goal that this experience will stimulate an interest in critical care research or clinical practice in critical care medicine (i.e., nurse, physican, allied health professional) and related disciplines (e.g., public health, social sciences, etc.). The award will fund $7,500 per student over 4 months between May and August 2022.
- Studentship applications must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at an approved post-secondary academic institution;
- The area of proposed research must be related to critical care medicine;
- Candidates must be supervised or co-supervised by a faculty member at one of Alberrta's academic instituions;
- Holders of other full-time, major studentship awards (e.g. CIHR, NSERC, AIHS, etc.) are ineligible for CC SCN Studentship awards;
- Each supervisor may have a maximum of three summer students sponsored by the competition. If there are sufficient applications, the number of awards will be limited to 1 per supervisor, and piority will be given to the highest rated applicant.
- Students previously funded by the CC SCN summer studentship competition will not be eligible
How to Apply
Students should submit their completed application using the CC SCN Summer Studentship Application Form in PDF Format to Dr. Samantha Bowker no later than Feb 1, 2022.
Application packages not submitted as as ingle PDF will be returned for resubmission.
Please indicate "2022 CC SCN Studentship Application - Student Last Name" in the email subject line.
February 1, 2022: Applications due
March 31, 2022: Notification of awards