CIRA is the steward of .CA – Canada’s online identifier. While our number one priority is the safe and secure management of Canada’s top-level domain, we also have a mandate to do good things for the Internet in Canada. The goal of the Program is to give back to the community in a measurable way by supporting innovative initiatives and programs that help build a resilient, trusted and secure internet for all Canadians.
- Demonstrated alignment with CIRA’s Community Investment Program funding areas: Infrastructure, Digital Literacy, Cybersecurity, Community Leadership
- Preference is given to initiatives that benefit:
- Students (kindergarten to grade 12 and post-secondary)
- Northern, rural and Indigenous communities
- Project is appropriately and realistically planned with clearly-defined activities, outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Project outputs are open and available for anyone to use, share and build upon
- Budget is reasonable, and preferably demonstrates in-kind contributions or other sources of funding
- Project demonstrates engagement of community stakeholders in development, delivery, financing, etc.
- Project outputs are durable and lasting beyond the end of the grant