The objectives of the CAAIF Research Fellowship in Immunology are to:
- Increase Canadian research related to Clinical Immunology,
- Support the research career of promising researchers, and
- Produce high-quality research related to Clinical Immunology
The Fellowship is for one year, non-renewable. Fellowships must commence within six (6) months of receiving the Award.
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral fellow or in a research-based fellowship* (PhD, MD or equivalent) within the first five years of obtaining their advanced degree (with adjustment made for career interruptions**).
- The Fellowship must be held at a Canadian University, affiliated teaching institution or Research Institute and the supervisor must have an academic appointment in that University or Institute.
* Residents currently completing their Allergy and Clinical Immunology training are not eligible to hold this Fellowship.
**Career interruptions include: parental leave, illness, health-related family responsibilities, mandatory military service, disruptions due to war, civil conflicts and/or natural disasters in the country of residence.