The Canadian Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Foundation (CAAIF) is a charitable foundation whose mission is to invest in research leading to new and better treatments that improve the lives of Canadians living with allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases.
ABOUT MIRAVO HEALTHCARE
Miravo is a Canadian focused, healthcare company with global reach and a diversified portfolio of commercial products. The Company’s products target several therapeutic areas, including pain, allergy, neurology and dermatology. The Company’s strategy is to in-license and acquire growth-oriented, complementary products for Canadian and international markets.
The objective of the CAAIF-Miravo Healthcare Research Grant in Allergic Rhinitis or Urticaria is to fund a research grant focused on the area of allergic rhinitis or urticaria.
- The research must take place in Canada.
- The proposed work must be completed within a 12-month period.
- Preference will be given to investigators who have not received this award within the past two years.
- Specific impact and relevance of project to the understanding of the mechanisms and management of allergic rhinitis (including but not limited to its development, persistence, desensitization, remission, diagnosis, clinical manifestation)
- Scientific strengths of the proposed methodology
- Demonstrated ability of applicant/collaborators to realistically achieve proposed project objectives
- Appropriatness of budget for the work proposed
- The ability of the proposal to be completed within a one-year term