Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program may apply for an Alberta MS Network Summer Studentship to work on multiple sclerosis (MS)-related research (non-clinical or clinical) under the supervision of an Alberta-based researcher. This award is meant to encourage exceptional trainees to work on MS research.
The award is for $1,200 per month for a minimum of $3,600 (3 months) and maximum of $4,800 (4 months). Note this will be supplemented by an additional $600 per month from the supervisor's funds.
A 3 or 4-month period between May 1, 2022 and August 31, 2022
- The applicant must be registered in an undergraduate program degree.
- The proposed research project must be relevant to the field of MS.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to make all arrangements for summer research training with an appropriate supervisor and institution prior to applying for the award.
- The proposed project must be able to be completed in person or in a virtual setting due to possible COVID-19 restrictions may be in place during summer term.
- The supervisor must be a faculty member of an Alberta-based institution.
- The supervisor must agree to provide a top-up of $600 per month.
- Each supervisor may sponsor multiple applications but the committee will only award one studentship per supervisor.
Completed applications must be received electronically by 4:00 pm MST on February 25, 2022. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Applications, questions or concerns can be directed to: email@example.com