The Emergency Strategic Clinical Network Summer Studentship Award (ESCN-SSA) is designed to foster research interest in emergency medicine and related disciplines among students at the undergraduate level of study. It is the ESCN goal that this experience will stimulate an interest in acute care research or clinical practice in emergency medicine (i.e., nurse, physician, EMS, allied health professional) and related disciplines (e.g., public health, social sciences, etc.). The award will fund up to 5 summer students and offers $6000 per student over 4 months between May and August 2022.
- Studentship applicants must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in an undergraduate program at an approved post-secondary academic institution;
- The area of proposed research must be related to emergency medicine;
- Candidates must be supervised or co-supervised by a faculty member at one of Alberta’s academic institutions;
- Holders of other full-time, major studentship awards (e.g. CIHR, NSERC, etc.) are ineligible for ESCN Studentship awards;
- Each supervisor may have a maximum of two summer students sponsored by the competition. If there are sufficient applications, the number of awards will be limited to 1 per supervisor, and priority will be given to the highest rated applicant.
- Students previously funded by the ESCN summer studentship competition will not be eligible.
How to Apply
Completed applications must be sent electronically as a single PDF to the ESCN at Emergency.SCN@albertahealthservices.ca no later than Jan 17, 2022.
Please indicate “2022 ESCN Studentship Application – Student Last Name” in your email subject line. Applications not submitted as a single PDF will be returned for resubmission.
For more information contact: Patrick McLane, PhD Assistant Scientific Director Emergency Strategic Clinical Network e-mail: email@example.com