The Transition Accelerator is looking to collaborate with researchers across the country interested in developing transformational pathways to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. To this end, we will be awarding small grants to support pathways scoping studies.
We seek submissions for projects that can help define credible, compelling, and capable pathways across Canada. These can be local, sub-regional, or regional in scope, and should be anchored in the Accelerator’s pathways methodology.
There is no formal application form, but the applicants will need to submit a short project proposal by Monday, May 2, 2022.
Applicants must be affiliated with a Canadian university, research institution of thinktank. Applications may involve investigators at more than one institution. The principal investigator must not already have received funding from Transition Accelerator. Projects may involve societal partners.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following main criteria:
- Relevance to the Transition Accelerator net zero mission
- Engagement with the pathway methodology
- Potential to open the door to substantial GHG reduction (scaling up)
- Potential for other positive societal benefits (economic, social, environmental, etc.)
- Identification of potential societal partners enthusiastic about pursuing pathway development
- Overall quality of the proposal.
The selection committee will be composed of one member of the Transition Accelerator Board and two Transition Accelerator Research Directors. Selected projects will be those judged to have the greatest potential for positive impact.
There is no application form. Proposals should include the following elements:
1. Project summary (max 4 pages) that addresses:
a. Systemic presentation of the problem, and the potential to lead to substantial GHG reduction
b. Understanding of potential solutions
c. Objectives of the project
d. How this project will apply the pathways methodology
e. Potential for scaling up
f. Identifying the role (i.e., funding, research support, etc.) of the partner(s) and/or agent(s) of change collaborating on this project, if applicable
g. Timeline of the project
2. CV of the applicants (max 2 pages)
3. Letter of support from the partner(s)/agent(s) of change, if applicable.