The Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development Scholarship recognizes the accomplishments of students in their final year of study at the undergraduate and graduate level and who are involved in projects that show commercial potential and/or relevance.
- Internal Deadline: December 12
- Agency Deadline: December 15
- Two awards of $5,000 are available
- Be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada,
- Be attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- Be enrolled full-time in their final year of study in a diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate level program,
- Be enrolled in a program of study relevant to oil sands technology development from mine or reservoir to tailings and remediation such as but not limited to Natural or Biological Sciences and Engineering, and
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point scale.
- An official academic transcript,
- A one page summary of the project and its commercial potential, and
- A letter of support from at least one supervising professor or instructor, and if applicable a supporting letter by a sponsoring company
- Submit the application form and supporting documents to SGS Award Advisor to have your application mailed. Application forms and more information can be found on the ALIS website.