The Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development Scholarship recognizes the accomplishments of students in their final year of study at the undergraduate and graduate level and who are involved in projects that show commercial potential and/or relevance.
- August 1st
- October 31st
- Two awards of $5,000 are available
- Be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada,
- Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner is an Alberta resident.
- Be attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- Be enrolled full-time in their final year of study in a diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate level program,
- Be enrolled in a program of study relevant to oil sands technology development from mine or reservoir to tailings and remediation such as but not limited to Natural or Biological Sciences and Engineering, and
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point scale.
- An official academic transcript,
- A one page summary of the project and its commercial potential, and
- A letter of support from at least one supervising professor or instructor, and if applicable a supporting letter by a sponsoring company
- Application forms and more information can be found on the ALIS website.