WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
DRAMATIC ARTS (BA)
- Bachelor of Arts - Dramatic Arts
- Bachelor of Arts & Science
- Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts)/Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts)/Bachelor of Management
Intake:Fall & Spring
Our rigorous program of hands-on theatre experiences will enable you to refine your artistic techniques and develop creativity, confidence, and discipline that will serve you for a lifetime. Courses in theatre history and theory provide a comprehensive understanding of drama’s essential role in society.
Your program allows you to focus your attention on performance and technical/design courses, understand and appreciate dramatic arts from around the world and immerse yourself in the study of culture and creativity. Compliment your studies with courses from art, humanities, sciences and social sciences
Customize your BA (Dramatic Arts)
- The BA (Dramatic Arts) allows for minors and a higher number of non-major courses then a Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts.
- If you are interested in both art and science, a BA & BSc (Dramatic Arts) allows for double majors: one in art and one in the sciences
- Combine your love of drama with a management degree from the Dhillon School of Business if your goal is to influence business operations in the cultural sector
You will also have full access to co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies, as well as volunteer opportunities.
Participate in a dynamic season of theatre activities, including Mainstage productions supervised by professors, the student-run TheatreXtra series, and an array of practical workshops, play readings, public forums, and special events.
- Degree Length
4 Years (single degree)
5 Years (combined degrees)
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
- University Theatre – 450-seat proscenium theatre
- David Spinks Theatre – configurable black box
- Performance lab, rehearsal studios, greenroom, and dressing rooms
- Scenic, lighting, and costume design studios
- Scene & Properties shop with industrial, power, and hand tools
- Costume labs
- Dye and craft room
- Electrics area
Learn more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts (Performance)
Bachelor of Fine Arts - Dramatic Arts (Technical/Design)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Dramatic Arts /Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts) /Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Arts (Dramatic Arts) or Bachelor of Arts & Science (Dramatic Arts)
- Student Testimonials
"The Drama Department has really great professors who are always willing to help and give advice outside of class time and opened my eyes to new perspectives and opportunities." - Brianna Diodati
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
A Lie of the Mind by Sam Shepard
Oct. 8-12, 2019
Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare
Nov. 5-9, 2019
Blood: A Scientific Romance by Meg Braem
Feb. 11-15, 2020
In Tongues by James Wade
Mar. 17-21, 2020
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Find monetary support as a student in the Faculty of Fine Arts – both as a future student and continuing.
- Acting Coach
- Costume Designer
- Theatre Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Technical Directing
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or Ph.D. level.
Find more information about careers opportunities.