WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor of Arts - Art
- Bachelor of Arts & Science - Art
- Bachelor of Arts - Art/Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Art/Bachelor of Education (BA/BEd)
Intake:Fall & Spring
Be inspired by art and visual culture, and make your mark on the world. Work with internationally active artists and scholars as you pursue your professional and creative goals in a collaborative environment.
A bachelor's degree (BA) in art allows you to explore art as well as other interests; it offers flexible program options, while you focus on studio art and art history/museum studies courses.
Build your program across art, humanities, sciences and social sciences. You'll delve into studio art and art history/museum studies courses to understand and appreciate art from around the world, and immerse yourself in the study of culture and creativity. You'll also compliment these studies with courses outside your major to achieve your degree.
Customize your BA (Art)
- BA (Art) allows you to take a minor and includes more non-major courses than a Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art
- If you are interested in both art and science, a BA & BSc (Art) allows for two majors: one in art and one in the sciences
- Combine your BA (Art) with a management degree from the Dhillon School of Business if your goal is to influence business operations in the cultural sector
As a BA (Art) student, you'll access co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies as well as volunteer opportunities. uLethbridge is the only university in Alberta to offer co-operative education to all majors in the university, at both the undergrad and graduate levels.
Gain professional art gallery experience through exhibition and curatorial opportunities in the University of Lethbridge Art Gallery, the Student Art Gallery, Penny Gallery, and in the broader Lethbridge arts community.
Expand your experiences and gain new perspectives beyond the art gallery and classroom. Focus on areas such as exhibition organization and installation, collections management and public programming.
- Degree Length
4 Years (single deegree)
5 Years (combined degree)
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
- Digital fabrication lab
- Digital media studio
- Exhibition, installation & experimental spaces
- Individual studios for senior students
- Metal shop with foundry, forge and CNC plasma cutter
- Modern woodshop, ceramic, plaster and textile studios
- Painting and drawing studios
- Printmaking studios with Boss Laser Engraver
- Photography & camera obscura studio with full wet darkroom
- University Art Gallery
- Student Art Gallery, Penny Gallery in downtown Lethbridge
- Data Physicalization Lab
Learnt more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art Studio)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art (Art History/Museum Studies)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Native American Art (Art History / Museum Studies)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Native American Art (Art Studio)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art/Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Arts (Art) /Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Arts (Art)/Bachelor of Management
- Student Testimonials
“Without artists, and the continual development of art, human life would be particularly uninteresting. As artists, it is our role in society to bring to light the important aspects of the world in order to invoke change” - Kyley Danielle Henderson
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Financial support is available for students interested in fine arts.
- Art Restoration
- Art Therapist
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Museum Curator
- Arts Management
- Fine Art Appraiser
- Art Education
- Art Consultant
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or Ph.D. level.
Find more information about careers opportunities.