Established by Art alumna, Mary Annis, this award is intended to encourage student understanding of the fundamentals of art, the pursuit of aesthetic expression and creative activity.
Value: $1,000 minimum
- At least third year standing in a BFA – Art, Art Studio major at the University of Lethbridge.
- Preference will be given to those who have taken or are enrolled in Advanced Drawing courses.
- Payable upon confirmation of full-time enrolment at the University of Lethbridge in the Fall and Spring semesters immediately following the granting of the award.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a good grasp of the fundamentals of art as demonstrated through academic achievement in introductory Art Studio courses.
- Ability to explain the role and value of creative activity.
- Must have demonstrated financial need.
- Recipients are selected by a committee comprised of members of the Department of Art, Faculty of Fine Arts.
- This is a competitive award and proposals are adjudicated on the merit of submissions.
Deadline: October 31, 2023
Applications must include the following items:
- Personal Essay: maximum 250 words describing the role and value of creative activity in the applicant’s life.
- To apply sign in here (log in to using your uleth credentials) and answer the questions as provided.